Not everyone was born with the white, bright smiles we see amongst favourite celebrities. In other cases, the foods and drinks we choose can cause stains on teeth. The ageing process also takes its toll on the colour of your smile, detracting from the lustre of youth.
If you find yourself hiding your smile, teeth whitening is an affordable way to change its appearance. Charlestown Dental Care’s whitening system gives patients a way to whiten their teeth in the privacy of their own homes at their own convenience.
We invite you to find out more about how teeth whitening can change your smile by contacting our Charlestown, NSW dental clinic.
Common Reasons for Tooth Discolouration
Some of the more common causes of teeth staining include:
- Certain medications
- Tobacco use
- Foods such as curries, berries, soy sauce and marinara
- Beverages such as tea, coffee and red wine
Professional Teeth Whitening Versus Other Whitening Products
There is no shortage of products available at the corner shop or online that claim to dramatically whiten teeth. There are a number of benefits to professional whitening that you should consider.
- Our dental clinic has access to higher-strength whitening gel than is available for purchase in pharmacies or online. This provides our patients with better whitening results in a shorter amount of time.
- Our customised trays fit perfectly so there is less of a risk of sensitivity issues than there is with one-size-fits-all products that may not evenly cover the teeth.
- Our dentists supervise the whitening process and demonstrate how to apply the whitening gel properly, which minimises the possibility of side effects.
Patients enjoy the convenience of our take-home whitening system that includes whitening trays made to the mould of your teeth. The trays are designed to fit snugly, protecting the soft tissues of the gums from exposure to whitening gel. This minimises post-treatment sensitivity.
When you receive your customised trays, we will go over the proper procedure for using the whitening gel so you can achieve the best results possible. We advise our patients to use the trays for about an hour a day for a period of two weeks.
You will be able to use the take-home system to touch up your smile whenever you notice it has darkened again. It’s also a good idea to eliminate the lifestyle choices that stained your teeth in the first place. Tobacco use, in particular, gives teeth a yellowish-brown hue, and it also puts you at higher risk of developing oral cancer and gum disease. If you need help quitting, please let us know, and our team can help.
Find Out More About Professional Teeth Whitening
If you are seeking an efficient, budget-friendly way to improve your smile, our professional teeth whitening system will make a stunning impact. To learn more about how we can help you enhance your smile, we welcome your call to book a consultation.